Home Fire Detection Systems
Fire detection devices explained
At one end of the spectrum there are basic single fire detection alarms (the type you would purchase from a DIY store) that are set up individually. These are often very sensitive and can sometimes be unable to distinguish different types of smoke, for example smoke from a fire vs that from burnt toast.
Moving up a tier are more sophisticated fire detection devices which have 2, 3 or 4 detectors across the property linked together. This means if just one goes off, the others will and this is handy if members of your family will be located in different parts of your home.
At the top end of sophistication are those detection systems that not only have detectors linked throughout the house, they’ll also notify the fire brigade for you and call for immediate assistance.
Home fire detection systems – what to expect from Absolute Security
It’s important that whatever system you invest in, your family can have a safe and speedy evacuation of the building. We therefore spend time with our customers to access their property before we source the right fire detection solution. This involves us:
- checking if alarms will be heard through the doors in the property
- gaining a detailed understanding of the layout of your building to determine exit routes, and
- identifying any potential obstacles
What else to expect in our approach and service:
- We are not tied to one manufacturer and can give you a choice of fire detection systems which best suit your home and its fire safety nuances.
- We are specialists in fire protection measures for all ages and styles of property from the new builds through to listed buildings.
- Our work in this area is undertaken to the highest industry standards, as we are NSI NACOSS Gold and BAFE approved installers.
- You can have options for your fire detection system to be remotely monitored on your behalf and alert the fire brigade.
- You can pay for your system over a fixed period of instalments to help you spread the cost of your purchase.
- We have a choice of ongoing servicing packages to suit different budgets.
- We offer parts and labour warranty on the new equipment we supply and install.
Why not contact us for more information or a free survey?